The PLuS (Phoenix-London-Sydney) Alliance drives innovative research and education linkages across three globally-focused universities. The Alliance contributes to a sustainable future by collaborating in the areas of sustainability, global health, social justice, technology and innovation.
The PLuS Alliance Prize is awarded annually in the categories of Research Innovation and Education Innovation, recognising outstanding innovation contributions by individuals or groups in addressing the greatest global challenges facing society today.
The PLuS Alliance Prize for Education Innovation is awarded annually to an individual, group, or organisation who has developed an innovative educational initiative that either addresses a need or solves a current problem in one or more of the areas of Global Health, Sustainability, Social Justice, or Technology & Innovation, in the previous five years.
This prize is designed to:
- highlight the value of education in addressing the greatest global challenges facing society today;
- reflect the PLuS Alliance principle of equity in access to quality education; and
- identify sustainable education models that cater to the needs of the global student.
Innovation in education for this prize could be identified as:
- the creation of new learning platforms, or the use of existing platforms in a novel way, to enable learning;
- providing a new way of viewing a problem that could lead to or has led to significant breakthrough in one or more of the PLuS Alliance themes;
- enabling access to quality education for existing and new learners in countries with insufficient access to quality higher education;
- innovations that encourage or support cross-disciplinary approaches to learning and teaching;
- innovations that utilise the potential of new and/or emerging technologies.
Note that the innovation may be in regard to any aspect of education including, but not limited to:
- curriculum design;
- assessment and feedback practices;
- use of technology to support learning and teaching.
The PLuS Alliance Prize supports the transformative power of nurturing innovation in research and education. This aligns with the PLuS Alliance mission to invest in real outcomes by promoting researchers and educators to lead the way to a sustainable future.
The PLuS Alliance leverages the strengths of three universities, and the annual Prize provides an opportunity for the recipients to foster relationships with outstanding academics and organisations around the globe. This Prize may highlight the work of an established individual, group or organisation with a long track record of success or alternatively highlight the cutting edge work of an individual, group or organisation at an early stage in their achievements.
The Prize winner in the category of education innovation will receive:
- Prize money of USD 25,000 (subject to any tax in the recipient’s country);
- Travel expenses for the individual or representative from the group or organisation, to attend the Times Higher Education Summit for the award of the Prize in London (travel and accommodation expenses for accompanying persons will not be paid, except under exceptional circumstances, which would be considered on a case-by-case basis);
- An opportunity for the individual or representative from the group or organisation to deliver a lecture to one of the three PLuS Alliance member Universities in the 12 months following award of the Prize;
- Linkages to the PLuS Alliance Fellows network across all three PLuS Alliance universities;
- Media coverage of the conferral of the Prize.
You can contact the PLuS Alliance team at: info@PLuSAlliance.org
For help with nominating, managing teams, and submitting, refer to these video guides:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BB7oFRW6V4 - Nominating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ozPAQ-_Ag - Accepting a nomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T-zTczpNpo&t=106s - Completing your submission